ENHANCED PRODUCTIVITY: Provides you with access to more and better tools of the trade, best practices, and expert advice on everything from technology to comparable databases.
EFFECTIVE NETWORKING: Through the power of networking, you can rely on a broader base of brokers, working under the same code of ethics and similar motivations.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: The association sponsors and hosts both IBBA and non-IBBA training to help members build their knowledge base, work towards and maintain their CBI designation, and keep up with the changing times and challenges of our industry.
VALUE: Increase your marketing dollars by having an additional source of exposure for the services of your company, both regionally and nationally.
Most Popular Benefit: CVBBA Annual Conference
The four goals of our association, listed on our website and in our By-Laws, are to:
1) Maximize and enhance public awareness of the business transition profession and association members.
2) Promote the professional development of members through educational opportunities and networking.
3) Support an efficient market for the transfer of business ownership.
4) Develop and encourage a code of ethics among its members to set high standards of conduct and professionalism.
All four of these goals are fulfilled each year at the CVBBA Annual Conference. This two-day conference enables our members to enjoy four major benefits:
1) Enhanced Productivity: As with all our conferences, we’ll have special sessions to talk about ways to improve productivity with member benefits such as: Private Equity Info, Go2Meeting, Caplinked, Deal Sense, PeerComps, and discounted IBBA courses. And while talking one-on-one with other members, you’ll learn what others are doing to increase their own productivity and effectiveness.
2) Effective Networking: In addition to meeting other CVBBA members during the breaks between classes, presentations, and association business sessions, a special reception for networking is planned the first evening of the conference. Many members report that networking with other members has been as valuable to their careers as taking professional education classes.
3) Continuing Education: The most cost-effective way to take professional education class is probably right at our annual conference. The association offers IBBA training seminars (at a discounted rate) intended to help seasoned professionals, and the newer members, keep up with the changing times and challenges of our industry. Not only will you learn about specific areas important to growing your business and serving your clients better, but you can also take courses focused toward earning your professional certification.
4) Value: As with all our conferences, we’ll have special sessions to learn about issues impacting our profession (i.e. CVBBA’s role in the recently introduced SEC Licensing legislation), and our association (i.e. IBBA chapter affiliation issues, Code of Ethics, CVBBA Regional Meetings, PowerPoint Presentation for local universities, and our quarterly Newsletter).
CVBBA Members, for more information on the details of benefits and how to access, please login to the “Members Log In” section on this CVBBA website.
Additional Member Benefits
A CVBBA membership provides lower-cost training, networking with fellow brokers and access to local professionals [e.g. attorneys, CPA’s bankers, wealth managers, etc.]. Below are additional benefits offered to you with your CVBBA membership.
BusinessesForSale.com *NEW MEMBER BENEFIT*
It’s an international business listing site (like BizBuySell). It’s actually the biggest listing site in the world, but now expanding its presence in the US. You can read more about it on the website. www.us.businessesforsale.com
Here’s the deal:
- Free, 30-day no-obligation trial (no payment or credit card needed)
- BFS admin team will upload your existing listings for you
- At the end of the trial period, BFS will do a 10-15 min call with you to review results.
- If you decide to continue, you’ll receive a 20% discount on their rate card pricing HERE. Please note that any ongoing relationship will be between you and BFS; CVBBA is only making the connection. For specific questions, you may contact Nick Pili at (704) 252-1676, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(A Free Benefit to CVBBA members…to purchase separately, monthly charges would range from $19 - $49 a month) You can launch meetings quickly from a variety of locations including Microsoft office, email and instant-messaging tools. Included are web audio, screen sharing 1-click meetings, dial in conference line, HD video conferencing, drawing tools, recording, personal meeting room, mobile apps, keyboard & mouse sharing and call me.
Private Equity Info www.PrivateEquityInfo.com
(A Free Benefit to CVBBA members…to purchase separately, this would cost you $195 for 3 months or $1320 for 12 months)
Private Equity Info provides a comprehensive directory of private equity firms, including their contact information, acquisition criteria, industries of investment interests, portfolio companies and professional biographies.
The CVBBA has partnered exclusively with V-Rooms to provide secure data rooms to manage your deals. A “Virtual Deal Room” allows brokers to manage the flow of documents and information in a secure environment, and to control permission levels for clients and their advisors. This is an indispensable tool for the professional business broker, and V-Room’s group rates are available only to CVBBA members. Please contact the CVBBA Administrator for pricing information and details on how to register.
(Savings of $300 for CVBBA members…DealSense Plus regular price $1,295, CVBBA Members $995)
A business valuation and deal analysis software for diligent business buyers, I-Bankers, M&A Specialists and Advisory Professionals.
PeerComps Comparable Database
(Savings of 20% for CVBBA members… normally $350 for unlimited comps ($280 with discount) or $600 for comps and valuation calculator ($480 with discount).
Contact Lori Mize, Director at 813-922-2800 ext 3
We tap into our unrivaled comparable database to help our subscribers obtain an accurate and reliable business valuation in 15 minutes or less. Our database and small business valuation calculator focus on “main street” businesses with annual revenues between $250,000 and $5 million (average revenue of $1 million). Data source is SBA transactions, entered by lenders and appraisers.