ENHANCED PRODUCTIVITY: Provides you with access to more and better tools of the trade, best practices, and expert advice on everything from technology to comparable databases.
EFFECTIVE NETWORKING: Through the power of networking, you can rely on a broader base of brokers, working under the same code of ethics and similar motivations.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: The association has plans for regular education and training seminars intended to help the newer members and keep up with the changing times and challenges of our industry.
VALUE: Increase your marketing dollars by having an additional source of exposure for the services of your company, both regionally and nationally.
Member Benefits Electronic Brochure
A CVBBA membership provides lower-cost training, networking with fellow brokers and access to local professionals [e.g. attorneys, CPA’s bankers, wealth managers, etc.]. Click on the CVBBA Benefits Brochure to see a brief description of the four major benefits and fifteen specific benefits included in your membership in the CVBBA.
Most Popular Benefit: CVBBA Annual Conference
The four goals of our association, listed on our website and in our By-Laws, are to:
1) Maximize and enhance public awareness of the business transition profession and association members.
2) Promote the professional development of members through educational opportunities and networking.
3) Support an efficient market for the transfer of business ownership.
4) Develop and encourage a code of ethics among its members to set high standards of conduct and professionalism.
All four of these goals are fulfilled each year at the CVBBA Annual Conference. This two-day conference enables our members to enjoy four major benefits:
1) Enhanced Productivity: As with all our conferences, we’ll have special sessions to talk about ways to improve productivity with member benefits such as: Private Equity Info, Go2Meeting, V-Rooms, Deal Sense, and discounted IBBA courses. And while talking one-on-one with other members, you’ll learn what others are doing to increase their own productivity and effectiveness.
2) Effective Networking: In addition to meeting other CVBBA members during the breaks between classes, presentations, and association business sessions, a special reception for networking is planned the first evening of the conference. Many members report that networking with other members has been as valuable to their careers as taking professional education classes.
3) Continuing Education: The most cost-effective way to take professional education class is probably right at our annual conference. The association offers IBBA training seminars (at a discounted rate) intended to help seasoned professionals, and the newer members, keep up with the changing times and challenges of our industry. Not only will you learn about specific areas important to growing your business and serving your clients better, but you can also take courses focused toward earning your professional certification.
4) Value: As with all our conferences, we’ll have special sessions to learn about issues impacting our profession (i.e. CVBBA’s role in the recently introduced SEC Licensing legislation), and our association (i.e. IBBA chapter affiliation issues, Code of Ethics, CVBBA Regional Meetings, PowerPoint Presentation for local universities, and our quarterly Newsletter).
New CVBBA Benefit - PeerComps Discount
We are pleased to announce a new CVBBA benefit for our members - a 20% discount on an annual subscription to PeerComps. This represents a $70 savings off of the $350 comparables database subscription and a $120 savings off of the $600 comparables database subscription paired with the Business Valuation Tool subscription.
About PeerComps - PeerComps is a user friendly, lender sourced database of closed transactions. For those that attended Ron Buck’s session at the conference, this is the comps data base that he showed. With or without the Business Valuation Tool, it is a great resource for finding comparable transactions when pricing companies for sale or performing valuations. (Peer-Comps Flyer)
(For instructions on how to obtain this offer go to “Member Log In” on the website.)